Old January 22nd 19, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rob Cluxton[_2_]

Default Want to go fly but "on call"

Been in that predictament a lot over the years. Thought about a Sat phone but they are pricey! Curious to know if there’s a way to automatically forward text messages from my cell to one of the latest trackers.

Solution also depends on if you’re on short or long call out window....and how far you want/can wander from home field. I’ve frequently ended up towing instead. Or resigned to stay low and close to home in the glider in order to still receive on my cell.

Good luck!
Rob