Old June 11th 04, 04:09 AM
Bob

My opinion saying tail low landing was drawn from these parameters:

A) No apparent MRB Damages from possibly hitting the tailboom

B) No apparent damage to tail rotor blades as from strikin the ground under
power (tial rotors stop pretty damned fast when the T/R driveshaft is
sheared and probably jammed.

C) The angle of the sheared off tailboom appears to be from a forward motion
of the aircraft and a groumd strike causing that angular appearance.

I don't know that bird, but the stinger looks more like a car antenna as if
maybe a bit is missing to be found further behind.
I'm supposing after 20 yars of heavy helicopter maintenance. All my
bull**** and a quarter will buy me a phone call.