Old November 15th 03, 10:45 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Craig Prouse" wrote in message

My dad was briefly based at K.I. Sawyer AFB back in 1968, when
I was just a toddler. But that was within 50 miles, right?

Yes.

Was West Gladstone in operation back then?

Apparently not. It does not appear on the 1975 Michigan aeronautical chart,
but it does appear in the 1977 Michigan airport directory.

I've actually had success in getting a handful of charting errors fixed in
the last few years. Just write them up and send them to one of the
addresses published on the chart for that purpose. Apparently, the
airport identifier has changed from 9C9 to 43MI as well?

It has.