Old March 6th 05, 01:51 AM
vincent p. norris

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 13:23:22 -0500, Matt Whiting
wrote:
An 00 pellet would just make a brown bear really mad.

That was my reaction, too.

Personally, I'd probably be just as happy with my Super Blackhawk.

I have one of those, too, that I've used for deer hunting, but I took
a 12 ga. pump and slugs on my Alaska trips. Handguns are forbidden in
Canada; but I'd have carried the shotgun in any case.

A fellow I know hunts bears (successfully) here in PA with a .44, but
our bears aren't grizzlies. Besides, he was a member of the USMC
pistol team. (I wasn't.)

you can get shot loads for the .44 Mag as well that are adequate for small game.

I have no evidence, but I'd guess that's an extremely short-range
weapon.

vince norris