Old July 26th 05, 04:05 PM

Hi Paul,

I'm based out of Cincinnati Lunken. My experience is that the CVG folks
are *extremely* unfriendly towards GA aircraft. If you are terminating
here in Cincy, any chance that you might fly into Lunken (LUK)? It's
much more GA friendly, and closer to the city anyway.

If you are flying into CVG, I'd do it VFR...CVG seems to get a little
****y about IFR arrivals who won't take a STAR. Also, I'd aim for a
time other than 8-10 AM and 4-7 PM, as these are arrival pushes for
Delta...lots of big iron flying around at that time, and CVG approach
is even more testy than usual.

Either way, good luck, and enjoy Cincinnati!

Cheers,

Cap

Paul kgyy wrote:
Considering a flight into CVG, which is Class B and would appreciate
some insight from the group.
1. The IFR routing with STAR is very circuitous - better to file VFR?
2. Reservation required? Flight will be on Saturday.

Any other tips - FBO, etc? Piper Arrow.