Old July 27th 05, 01:33 PM

Don't know *who* they think they are. And I've flown into other Class B
airports without the headaches too. But CVG really seems to go out of
its way to make things difficult sometimes for GA folks. I'm a CFI out
of LUK, and generally have no problem at all doing stuff in their
airspace...but ask to land? They *definitely* don't like it. Even at
slow times, they don't like small planes, especially doing practice
approaches. In fairness to them, tho, when it matters they are solid. I
had to miss off of the LUK ILS a couple of times earlier this year, and
the CVG guys did a fine job, basically offering me anything I wanted
either at LUK or CVG (I got into LUK on the next try); fine vectors no
problems at all.

But I've tried to go in there VFR a couple times, and do some practice
approaches with students, and I felt distinctly unwelcome. Can't blame
them...their job is first and foremost to get the big iron in and
out...unnecessary GA planes just make the mix more complex for them.

Cheers,

Cap