Old August 9th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default OLV GPS 36 approach question

Allen:

When I orginally read your post, I pictured you making a right base
entry to the procedure, even though you mentioned DOCAP. Anyway, my
reply was based on this incorrect mental image.

The published intermediate segment after DOCAP has a published altitude
of 2,100, so the controller's instruction was appropriate. The
published altitude prior to that fix is for the holding pattern course
reversal, which you were not required to perform coming from the
straight-in area.

Sorry for the confusion.