Old October 25th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Solar storms spell trouble for GPS

Larry Dighera writes:

Were you aware of the design flaw in GPS as implemented?

What design flaw?

It appears that we are (finally?) seeing some technological innovation
tickling down to the GA fleet, but I'm becoming uneasy with the
apparent lack of robustness engineered in these early systems.

They seem to be designed just like personal computers, which is very
bad and very dangerous for safety-of-life systems.