Old May 31st 07, 10:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Why publish a plate for an OTS approach?

A good point.

On Wed, 30 May 2007 15:46:21 -0700, "KP" nospam@please wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
I think if there is anything that is subject to criticism here it is

that the pilot was apparently cleared for a deauthorized approach by
ATC. It seems to me that they should have known of its status.

It's not "apparent" the aircraft was "cleared for a deauthorized approach by
ATC" at all.

If the controller used the phraseology "CLEARED APPROACH" it was up to the
pilot to select the instrument approach.

That doesn't include an approach that was known (or should have been known
through a proper pre-flight) to be OTS.