Old April 12th 17, 06:05 AM
Brad Alston Brad Alston is offline
Member

Location: Salt Lake City, UT USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa3[_2_] View Post
Has anyone built a utility that reads a config file and spits out a "readable" interpretation of the parameters and values? I'm sitting with the manual and my config file trying to make sure all of the values are what I expected based on what I thought I put into the configuration utility. I can do this - I just don't want to. Can't imagine how someone without an IT background makes sense of how their FLARM is configured.

P3
I don't know if anyone has built a utility, other than what has been mentioned on this thread, so I took a look at the Flarm Configuration Specification today and agree that it is written by IT geeks for IT geeks...although I've seen worse! I did a little coding tonight and could probably provide something of interest for you in a few days time. Yes, I'm one of those IT geeks!

If interested in seeing what I come up with, when I get it, email me direct at alstonbk at gmail dot com.

Safe soaring!

Brad.