Old April 28th 05, 03:46 PM
Newps

Peter Duniho wrote:

"Rich S." wrote in message

[...]
Gas that is not blended for altitude and or season (temperature) can make
the fan stop turning. In your car, you likely bought gas that was intended
for use at Lake Tahoe and/or in temps over 100° F.

That's silly. We have driven a Suburban, with its 42 gallon tank, all over
the US, including Lake Tahoe. We bought the fuel we rode into Tahoe on at
least 500 miles away, not far above sea level, in the desert.

No kidding. I can drive 65 miles from my 100+ degree summer temps to
the Top of the World store on the Beartooth Pass, elev 11,000 and temps
in the 30's on an average day. They sell the same gas as I buy here.
The fact is the higher the altitude the lower quality of gas that you need.