Old April 28th 05, 03:59 PM
Jay Honeck

1. Never use mogas from an unfamiliar source.

At an airport? That's crazy. From a car gas station? Absolutely.

2. Always test for alcohol.

Good idea, if you don't know the source.

3. Never use mogas above 5,000' density altitude.

Nonsense.

4. Always check for water.

Absolutely. Same with avgas.

5. Never use mogas above 80° F.

That's ridiculous.

Our plane has run on mogas (Lycoming O-540) since we bought it in 2002. The
previous owner ran it on mogas for over ten years.

The ONLY time I've EVER had engine trouble has been while operating with 100
LL -- which has far more lead in it than my engine was designed to run on.

I would use car gas if it cost MORE than avgas -- that's how much better my
plane runs on it.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA