Old May 20th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Vector altitude for ILS below GS intercept altitude?

"Tim Auckland" wrote in message

Probably not relevant at TPL, but are controllers allowed (or
required?) to assign altitiudes to VFR aircraft in Class B?

(I'd always assumed "yes" without giving it much thought.)

I often get vectors for practice BJC ILS29R approaches while VFR.
The vectors take me into DEN Class B. I'm invariably given altitudes
as well as headings, which I appreciate as I'm trying to practice IFR
proceures.

ATC can assign altitudes to VFR aircraft wherever separation is provided to
VFR aircraft; Class B airspace, Class C airspace and the associated outer
area, and TRSAs.