Old April 5th 08, 08:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Global Warming The debbil made me do it

On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 04:30:17 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

But let me ask you something: Are you 100% sure your house is going to
burn down this year? If not, why are you wasting your money on insurance?
Why don't you just wait until you see flames, then buy a policy?

Not a good analogy, since we can obviously affect what happens to our own
homes. There is quite literally nothing that can be done by the average
person to influence the world's climate -- one way or the other -- so all
this blather and hand-wringing is nothing but noise and fury, signifying
nothing.

Well, except to the folks who stand to make a few billion dollars in
windfall profits by "studying" the phenomenon.

But all argument aside, I would politely ask for a list of things that we --
you and I -- can do that will "help" the climate problem as you see it.

That's sorta like the incandescent light bulb changed to compact
fluoprescents. per bulb, or even home it amounts to pennies, but over
the use it could save enough to eliminate 5 or 6 power plants.
Roger (K8RI) ARRL Life Member
N833R (World's oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com