Old July 27th 05, 09:45 PM
Kilo Charlie

I live and fly in Arizona. Whenever I leave to fly I leave (at the
gliderport) a $45,000 vehicle usually with several thousands of radios,
laptop and handheld GPS's in it along with an unlocked trailer. The keys
are in the car in plain sight. This is the practice of everyone here.
Maybe as someone else suggested the one man rigging system was either
misplaced or possibly used and forgotten to return. But then who could hide
something like that unless they took it out of state?

Casey Lenox
KC
Phoenix

"bumper" wrote in message
A friend recently told me that his Cobra trailer had been broken into while
parked for several months at an Arizona glider port.

The thief, used a key to open and then relock the trailer (no surprise
here, my Cobra trailer key fits his trailer too - - I'm innocent in this
case though). The only item stolen was his one-man-rigging kit. No other
damage was done. The thief obviously knew what he wanted and took just
that.

The thing that amazes me most is that all indications mean it was "one of
us" who did this. I find this difficult to accept.

Comments?

all the best,

--
bumper ZZ (reverse all after @)
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."