Old November 5th 03, 01:09 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 00:16:54 -0500, "Robert Henry"
wrote:

oh no, people make the left turn all the time, maintain there own visual
separation with the terrain, no problem. Why would we suggest a right turn?
Besides, if you turn right according to the ODP and don't tell us, you might
cause an issue with arriving traffic into the pattern (for the VFR tower).
If we're not expecting that by you having made the request, that could be
bad. Oh, but by the way, the military guys always turn right because
they're required to fly the ODP, but we know that and expect it. But the
choice is yours, just tell us, and we'll coordinate that with the APPCON.

If it's VMC, then it is your responsibility to see and avoid other traffic.
But it is also your perogative to fly the ODP on an IFR departure without
notifying ATC.

As I've said, and which you seem resistant to, that facility needs some
education.