Old August 17th 03, 03:57 PM
Javier Henderson

Dave Pascoe writes:

Javier Henderson wrote:

How come the i705 is listed as a current model on Palm's website then?

And at $159, with a $100 rebate (which brings the price to $59) if you
keep the service for a year, it seems to be a good deal.

It is a very good deal when you also consider the fact that none of
the other networks will work above about 2000' AGL. The Mobitex
network, which the i705 operates on, is a paging network and the
radiation pattern of its antennas permis operation (albeit
intermittently) airborne up to at least FL370. No joke.

I've used it at FL410, worked well for the most part (one trip I recall
was Albuquerque back to Monterey, there were some voids over portions of
Nevada and Arizona).

-jav