Old September 22nd 04, 02:32 PM
Dudley Henriques

"Paul Sengupta" wrote in message
"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
ink.net...
The issue is simply that 1. Instrument training increases even
general
VFR pilot skills and as such is worthy of the effort in attaining
that
training.

As I understood it, Jay had done most of the training required for
an IR but had not completed it.

I can see that the claim that the training makes you a better and
more accurate pilot would be true in the case of most VFR-only
pilots, but what about if you're as accurate already? Do you need
to take the IR course/tests if you fly pretty much this way anyway?

I suppose the question I'm asking is apart from being able to
legally fly in cloud and learning how to do instrument approaches,
how does doing an instrument course teach you to be a better
pilot?

Paul (IMC rated)

You're kidding....right ?

Dudley Henriques