Old April 27th 05, 04:46 PM
a425couple

wrote in message
--He got through the gate at Royal Navy base Portsmouth
England and took a liberty launch out to the Truman .
wandered -- two hours..-- caught.- turned over to British authorites.
SHOCKING breach of security -- sentencing of a serial intruder.
He has appeared before Uxbridge magistrates three times this year

JPs imposed an anti-social behaviour order on him after
he admitted entering a prohibited area. It bans him from entering
restricted areas ---- for the next two years.

Well, I'm not a hothead on these issues, quite familiar with
how systems work and function, hard to predict future
behavior etc., one more chance etc., can't do capital
punishment for trespass etc...

But it always strikes me as strange, when you have a multiple
time offender and the 'judge' then orders him to not do, what
he knew he should not do in the first place.

Reminds me of the 'nut case' (technical term) who had been
detained for being a 'nut' doing illegal things before several
times, who then went and ran out onto and up in the middle
of the track at the British GP (Formula 1 auto race) a couple
years ago. Disaster was averted. He again examined, and
released with another warning. Then he went out to another
big international sports event and tackled a competitor
(forget if it was marathon runner or bicycle racer?).

What to do??? Wait until he really kills someone??
Then, "Ohhmygosh, maybe we should have done something!"
"Ya think??! Do you suppose all his past deeds are a better
indicator of his future behavior, than the judges/psychs
mindreading is?"