Old May 15th 05, 04:42 AM
Smitty

In article .com,
"Sport Pilot" wrote:

HELLO! It's just the friggin usenet! Most of us don't even know who
we are talking too. Some of us have more important things to do, such
as correspondance on a 10 million dollor project. You bet that baby
gets proofread, spell checked, grammer checked, proofread, maybe ask a
co worker to proofread it, see what I missed, etc.

Hello? You mean "to," (a preposition and therefore a word with which you
ought not end a sentence, anyway) "correspondence," "dollar," and
"grammar?" I'm not picking on you, particularly, but the pervasive
ignorance of spelling, grammar, punctuation, homonyms, sentence
construction, ad infinitum, makes me ****ing sick. And it isn't just
usenet, it's everywhere, even in your ten million dollar report, because
your computer can't fix everything and your coworkers are as apathetic
as you are. We're becoming a nation of ignorant idiots. I think that's a
bad thing, and a dangerous one. If we knew as little about airplanes as
we did the English language, and flew them as carelessly as we write,
we'd all be dead by now.