Old April 4th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blanche

Default VFR Routes to Vegas (Mountians)

Ron Lee wrote:
Feel free to follow I-70 to Denver, then turn either north or south and
follow I-25 to get around the mountains.

Blanche, "getting around" means going to Albuquerque. Or at least Las
Vegas NM (LVS) to Sante Fe. Makes more sense to head more direct to
that area.

Ron Lee

Very true, and I agree entirely. However one of the posters here made
the comment to follow I-70 all the way to I-15 intersection (which is
in mid-Utah, I've driven this route frequently). Not a good
idea without an aircraft suitable for the route.

Personally, the only single-engine aircraft I'll fly in taking the
I-70 route would be a Pilatus or an F-16.

I've never been in a Pilatus. Might be fun!