Old March 8th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

Default Global Warming The debbil made me do it

"Dan" wrote:

We had far warmer temperatures earlier in our history, and far colder.

Far warmer in our history? Says who?

Obviously it doesn't matter who says what

Oh, dear me; it certainly does. The statements of people who back up what
they say with published, peer reviewed research have credibility. The
rantings of cranks and political hacks do not.

(though here's a sample:
http://www.iarc.uaf.edu/highlights/2...g_from_LIA.pdf)

"The fact that an almost linear change has been progressing, without a
distinct change of slope,
from as early as 1800 or even earlier (about 1660, even before the Industrial
Revolution),

suggests that the linear change is natural change. As shown at the top diagram
of Figure 1, a

rapid increase of CO2 began only after 1940."

Eh? What's this guy been smoking? The rise in CO2 shows strong averaged
congruence with the rise in CO2:

http://www.globalwarmingart.com/wiki...on_by_Type_png

http://www.globalwarmingart.com/wiki...ure_Record_png

This is the Big Problem with the Global Warming hysteria.

Oh, boy! Right off the bat, we know we can expect objectivity!

Those who reasonably suggest that the evidence is inconclusive that
Human Activity may not be completely responsible for the 0.6 C
worldwide temperature rise over a 100 year period, and that even if
there were a predictable rise the results will not be as catastrophic
as the alarmists claim must be silenced (for the children's sake, of
course).

Ah-ha! Watch out, boys and girls: it's The Great Scientific Conspiracy to
hide THE TRUTH.

I'm a reasonable person, fish, camp, canoe, hunt, and hike, have
written checks to support environmental issues, have various
memberships in ecologically forward organizations, recycle, etc, etc,
etc.

So don't equate "Doubt about Global warming" with "wants to pollute
the streams and kill the fish."

Now you're just making stuff up. I never said or even thought anything
remotely like that.

It's ok to doubt global warming. It's not ok to doubt the science while
remaining ignorant of what it actually says.

That's an smear campaign and that's what's been going on -- though you
will deny it.

At this point, I'm done with this topic and done trying to reason with
you.

Really? Before you even start?

Running away noted.

It's the wrong venue, though not really -- because one day -- when
the Global Warming Nazis come collect the keys to your CO2 emitting,
fossil-fuel burning, Global Impacting Cessna -- maybe you'll wished
you'd stood up to their bullying.

LOL.

"Nazis"

I guess the discussion really is over.