Old November 2nd 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven P. McNicoll

Default Help interpreting an approach chart (KCCR LDA Rwy 19R)

"Marco Leon" wrote in message
news

I would use the localizer. That said, there a couple of things that are
confusing. CCR looks like it's depicted as a bit west of the localizer.
I'm assuming it is to scale since it is within the plan view's circle.
However, JOANS intersection is on the localizer but it is identified as
being 8.1 miles on the DME from CCR. Usually when an intersection is
identified using an off route VOR, there's some sort of reference line
that is thinner than the route.

JOANS intersection IS identified in that manner, the 074 radial of SGD. No
similar line is drawn from CCR because no CCR radial is used to define JOANS
on this IAP.

Either the VOR *is* on the localizer or it's too close to the localizer
for a separate line depiction.

CCR is 0.56 NM from KANAN on a true bearing of 261. The VOR is not on the
localizer.