Old January 6th 20, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Panel/Glare shield paint...

Tom BravoMike wrote on 1/5/2020 11:13 AM:
On Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 12:52:37 PM UTC-6, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 12:13:07 PM UTC-5, krasw wrote:
Based on the solution, I'd like to ask a question. Why an earth people use any other paint then the exact same Nextel Schempp and others use? I mean, it's a very expensive toy, and you will stare at your panel a foot away every time you fly it. Are you sure panel paint is the best place to save some money or effort?

Well, I will tell you why. Nextel unfortunately reflects on a canopy quite badly. Yes, it should not reflect according to the manufacturer, but it does. My next glider will not have Nextel paint.

For that reason I bought this:

https://www.culturehustleusa.com/pro...t-art-material

and I am quite happy with the result. I find any reflections on the canopy very annoying, especially when watching videos taken in flight.

I haven't tried that. I use black velour on the glare shield, oriented to show the
least reflection. Excellent, but slowly degrades in sunlight, and I replace it
every few years. Some fabric lasts much longer than others.