Old July 7th 03, 05:16 PM
Jim Weir

Thanks for the kind words. So far as I know, there is no dedicated site to hams
in the air.

Now, start another thread of hate and discontent, I've been chastized mightily
(from people I don't know from Adam's Off Ox) that "aeronautical mobile" is
improper terminology when operating an amateur station on board a light
aircraft.

Since I can't find a definition of "aeronautical" in the FCC regs, can anybody
point me to where "aeronautical mobile" is limited to one class or category of
aircraft?

Jim

"MJC"

-Great thread, Jim. I've got a Yeasu FT-817 that I have been thinking of
-taking along with me in my yet to be completed RV7. I'm wondering if there
-is a web site that covers the use of Ham in the air more extensively?

http://www.rst-engr.com