Old January 25th 04, 02:29 PM

Default Certificate- Wallet or Bag?

Yea! With my change of address I am finally relieved of the old
dot-matrix paper certificate. The fancy new holographic plastic
license came in today's mail! I get to write my name right over ole
Wilber n' Orville! (Made my pilgrimage to Kiity Hawk in November)

Question

Where do you keep your certificate? I have always read that if
stopped by the police on the road they have the right to "see" your
license (AOPA decal in rear window). We've also been cautioned to just
let the officer "see" the certificate and never to actually "hand" it
over. Since we must have it with us when we fly, is it better to keep
it in the flight bag as I've always done? I don't always have the bag
in the car.

I guess I really already know the answer.... just excited to finally
have something to be proud of after all these years. But I AM curious.
Where do you keep yours?

Robert Haigh
LWM 'n BED