Old August 12th 05, 03:05 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Peter Duniho wrote:
Now, if that mechanic refuses to ride in the airplane even with a pilot of
their choosing, that's definitely a warning sign.

My second plane crash was immediately after an engine change. There was a lot
of tension in the maintenance hangar due to the IA's bad temper. No doubt as a
direct result, somebody neglected to tighten the oil line from the engine to the
oil cooler (part of the airframe on the Piper Lance). The oil line shook loose
on or shortly after take off and I came down shortly after that.

I ain't too keen on test flying any more.

You might consider doing a series of aborted take offs to give the engine some
full throttle time without actually getting into the air, then pull the cowl off
and take a *good* look around. I wish to hell I had.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE