Old September 9th 03, 10:57 AM
Cub Driver

Jeez...you're reading waaaay too much into Scott's posts IMO.

I read the post pretty much the same way. Nor has he softened his
implications any in his followup, only saluted a few times toward the
active-service veterans.

Does anyone seriously believe that Scott or anyone else would care a
fig about the F-102 and the Texas Air Guard except as a way to
denigrate the rather remarkable accomplishment of the incumbent
prezdint--who is, after all, the first pilot of a supersonic fighter
(or interceptor, if that helps you choke back the tears) to hold the
office?

I recently changed my party affiliation to Unaffiliated. I was asked:
"Does this mean you have developed reservations about Mr. Bush?"
Actually, I've always had reservations about Mr. Bush, father and son.
But to scoff at the latter's academic (Andover, Yale, Harvard Business
School) or military (two years on active duty as a jet jockey--a fact
that seems to go unmentioned when his ANG service is under
discussion--followed by however many years in the Guard) is just plain
comical.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at www.warbirdforum.com