Old March 18th 18, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Parachute Service Life Limit - there is no 20 year rule!

Those articles were good for the soaring community and good for his business. How moral of you to offer a parachute you believe is nonairworthy. Why don't you cut that thing up before it hurts somebody?
Why a 20 year lifespan, why not 15 or 10? And why do pilots get away with wearing only one parachute when jumpers are required to have two? If a 20 year old parachute is unsafe how dare the government let me fly a 53 year old glider. We have a long and expensive road to travel to get to safety. Are you going to write the letter to the FAA demanding more safety or should I?
Allen Silver a "Dbag"? Isn't Allen the same guy who has been an ally of gliding for decades and authored several "Soaring Mag" articles on the proper use and maintenance of emergency parachutes? Then for sure you must be eager to buy my 41 year old Security 250 chute (non-AD'd) worn about 3 times. Compared to my 7 year old Strong, it looks brand new. For $450 I'll include shipping and send the proceeds to our Jr. team. My rigger accepts the liability when packing the Strong, yet I respect his option not to repack the Security.