Old July 23rd 03, 04:39 AM
Newps

Kirk wrote:

Anyone ever throw a weight in the back to get within allowable weight and
balance? I am flying a C182 with 430 pounds (pilot & passenger) in the
front row. The point is I would like both of us to sit up front for the
flight. I have other aircraft that I can fly, and this is not a required
flight (no safety flaming please).

Calculated arm is 37.99, and minimum arm at that weight is 38.15. I am
144.85 pounds UNDER gross weight at this point.

If I throw a 20 pound weight in the main baggage compartment the arm is 38.4
(meets the minimum requirements) and we can both sit up front.

The real question is how do you go out the front limit with weight
anywhere else in a 182 besides the front seats? With full tanks and 430
pounds in my 182's front seats I do not go out the front limit. Any
weight anywhere else moves it back. Removing some fuel is another option.