Old May 31st 05, 02:22 PM
B. Jensen

Cory,

5 years ago I had a KLX-135 in my Christen Eagle with the same problem.
I sent the unit to Bendix in Kansas City, and they put in a new battery
and upgraded it to a KLX-135A. I don't remember the cost, but I think
it was around $1200. I did not like the price, but the unit worked very
well after the upgrade and the moving map was very nice!

BJ

wrote:

Hey all... I've got a KLX-135 GPS/COM that recently developed an identity
crisis. Apparently there's an internal lithium battery that dies after 3-5 years and
causes it to forget all of its waypoints and internal GPS almanac. Anyone ever
replaced or had one replaced?

Also, I just recently became aware that it's possible to upgrade a KLX-135 to
a KLX-135A. Anyone know what's involved, how much it costs, and whether or not it's
worth it? I'm an avid DIY-er, but I suspect that nobody will sell me the
parts/manuals I'd need to do it.

Thanks,
-Cory