Old January 31st 07, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Honeck

Default Bose vs. Lightspeed

Any suggestions? I guess I ought to send them back to the company.
Thanks.

You don't say which model of LightSpeeds you own. I've owned them
all, going back to the early 15s, and can tell you that the models
that preceded the current Twenty and Thirty 3Gs were NOT built for
daily use. They worked great when new, but were simply not durable,
and would literally break over time without anyone touching them.

I lost faith with the company after sending my early models back
multiple times for repair. (Their customer service has always been
outstanding.) Were it not for the president of LightSpeed
interceding, and GIVING me a pair of Twenty 3Gs, I would have never
purchased another pair of LightSpeeds.

His actions turned out to be a wise investment. The 3G series has
been outstanding in every way. They are now durable as well as
comfortable and effective, and offer features that Bose does not, at
less than half the price. I have since purchased three more pair,
and am VERY happy with them.

If you have an older pair, check out their "trade-up" offers, which
are quite good.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA