Old May 28th 04, 02:01 AM
George Z. Bush

Yeff wrote:
On Thu, 27 May 2004 16:13:58 -0400, George Z. Bush wrote:

When it was originally introduced into our country, it was a sort of
anthem of South Africa's black "freedom fighters", hence my equating it
with racism.

It wasn't introduced into America, it originated here. "Kumbya" is from
the Gullah dialect of South Carolina and means "come by here."

Some people, like you, claim it originated from the Gullah people of South
Carolina, others claim its origin is from Angola and/or Nigeria. I just say
that the first time I heard it, it was introduced as a folk song from South
Africa. I don't know which story is the right one, so you stick to your story
if you want.....I'll stick to mine.

George Z.