Old June 2nd 18, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default refilling O2 bottles on the road.

On a trip to Salida, CO a few years back, we went to the local O2
supplier and rented a large bottle.Â* I believe the cost was $42 for a
month.Â* At the end of the week, we offered free O2 to the other glider
pilots, returned the bottle, and enjoyed the rest of the trip.

$42 for the rental vs. $40/fill up at the airport.Â* We had our own trans
fill hose.Â* Now I have a large bottle (one size below the really big
one) which fits in an aft external storage compartment of our RV.

On 6/2/2018 10:52 AM, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Find a medical supply house?
Also look for SCUBA shops, industrial gas suppliers (like AGL) but be forewarned, they may do O2, make sure they can do BREATHABLE O2.

Maybe call some local to you places, explain what you're looking for and why, see what they say.

--
Dan, 5J