Old March 8th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Looking for an affordable 4-passenger aircraft

Without reading the other responses.. Piper Seneca II Turbo
most can be had with average radios for about $150K

What was your Navy Twin time in, and hopefully NOT centerline thrust.
BT

"Tailhook" wrote in message

I'm an retired Navy pilot with lots of time (6000)--but nothing in the
past 15 years--but my children are now moving all over the country and
I'd like to get back into the air to visit them. I know little about
the general aviation market or products but I'm partial to twin engines
if only because they gives you an option when the weather deteriorates
and so does one engine. I'm looking for the following:

reliable and affordable--under $200K
4-passenger capability (real passengers--none of my kids are under 6')
twin preferred--or logic why a single engine is not really an
emergency
range: 1000 NM
speed: 160 KIAS +
pressurized cabin (a preference but not a requirement)
reasonable IFR package--but state of the art not needed
Some idea of annual maintenance costs I need to be planning on

What aircraft would you recommend I be looking into?

Thanks from general aviation rookie with less than 50 hours of Cesnna
150 time from the 1960s.

--
Tailhook