Old May 31st 19, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Your First Land Out

On Fri, 31 May 2019 07:27:39 -0700, sgs135c wrote:

I don't think landing at your intended destination is a land-out. Nor do
I think landing at an airport is a land-out. If that's the case, I had
countless before landing off-airport. If you always make it home you're
not pushing yourself.

I contributed it because that was the first time I'd ever landed anywhere
other than the airfield I'd launched from.

Since it was a landing on a field I'd never seen at all previously and
had received absolutely no briefing about apart from "go there and land
to get Silver distance", just how is my story different from other
airport land-outs in this thread?

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org