Old October 13th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

Default Moeller Sky Car for sale! Ebay Scam?????

In a previous article, Anthony W said:
Paul Tomblin wrote:
Unless you stupidly follow links in the seller-supplied section of the
listing, or suggestions to email the seller.

Making and off eBay purchase from a eBay seller isn't going to get your
account hacked.

No, that's what you get if you follow links in the seller-supplied section
of the listing.

pretty stupid or ignorant to fall for these scams. Also buying an
expensive item like the Garmin GPS or a laptop computer from a 0
feedback seller is just plain stupid and I have a hard time feeling

The whole reason they want the userids and passwords for people's ebay
accounts is so that can sell their vapourware using an account that has
good positive feedback. Like I said, these fake sales kept popping up
under different ids, and would always have a different email address to
contact them, and say something like "Don't use the 'contact the seller'
button because I never use that email account any more".

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
Unix is an operating system, OS/2 is half an operating system, Windows