Old March 31st 04, 06:20 AM
Dude

At least she is asking pilots. Thats gotta qualify as research. Then
again, maybe they all do that stuff until they graduate and become "real"
journalists

Kate. I recommend calling the local FAA office and asking them if they know
any charter operations or air freight services using caravans you could
call. I am sure that you could get a pilot or two to talk to you if you
went down to their hangars.

Also, you will find that asking people who are smarter and wiser than you a
bunch of questions while trying to hide your agenda will not lead to
enlightenment or a Pulitzer. It WILL get you a dead end job in journalism.

"jsmith" wrote in message ...
Doing a story on the one that went down off Pelee Island, are you?

wrote:

Hello,
My name is Kate and I'm a journalism student from Ryerson University.
I'm working on a story about how Cessna Caravans perform in icy
conditions. I'm interest in speaking to anyone that fly's this model (
208B). I would like to speak to you about how the de-icing process
works. And about your own experiences with icing. Please let me know
if you can be of any help. I can be reached at
those that may respond I would eventually like to speak to you over
the phone at some point. Thanks for your time. Any help will be
greatly appreciated.

Kate