Old January 16th 04, 01:02 AM
Mike Beede

In article 0tANb.59902$Rc4.216137@attbi_s54, William W. Plummer wrote:

"Chad Munroe" wrote in message

I'm in the process of taking flying lessons and working toward my
license. Does anyone in this NG fly their private plane for a
business commute? If so, is it possible to get tax deductions for
travel expenses? I'm just thinking ahead.
Out of curiosity, how many here have an accountant for taxes, and
how many file on their own? I've used an accountant for years, but
most people I know do it online now. I'm trying to decide if I
should switch this year.

Commuting is not deductible.

However, travel *between job sites* is deductible. That means if
you are a consultant and have a home office, travel to job sites can
be deducted, modulo talk to your tax guy and see what has to
happen precisely . . . . *I* of course am not a tax guy.

Mike Beede