Old July 20th 04, 08:06 AM
Dylan Smith

In article , Rich Raine wrote:
However, in my travels I never saw or heard an aircraft overhead. I mention
this to all my flying pals as an example of what I fear could happen here.

You have to remember that until very recently, Ireland was practically a
third-world country. It's only in the last few years the trend of
emigration has reversed and people actually want to come in.

There is GA in Ireland. I believe (but check first!) that someone with
an FAA private can fly an EI-reg aircraft without needing any paperwork.
You may however need an FCC Restricted Radiotelephone License (which you
can get merely by filling out a form and paying a fee)

It's either over regulation or high gas prices or an intolerance for small
aircraft.

Or very low population density. There is GA there, but the population
isn't exactly huge.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net