Old March 20th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Safety wiring oil filters?

A question for those flying auto converisons - how do you secure the
oil filter?

Aviation oil filters have safety wire tabs. FRAM HP filter, which for
various reason are what I need to use on my VW based conversion, no
got. Oil filters typically go on finger tight. Losing your oil filter
could ruin your WHOLE day.

Anybody got any ideas how to secure this bad thing? I've thought about
forming a little "hat" out of a stainless steel mixing bowl that would
at least keep it from falling off. And silver soldering on some
tabs...

Any ideas?