Old November 18th 05, 07:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Gyro's was Groen Bros. DARPA Award

Shiver wrote:

He is a big big champion of the vertical (centerline) stabilizer on
gyros and I do believe has had his share of arguements with the
developers of the RAF gyros on this subject. He has talked about the
dangers of buntover with resulting death in this group at various
times.

Buntover??? In my reading I haven't run across that term. I know how to
keep from causing the normal spike knock, tail boom strikes, 0 G pitch
down and mast bumping problems. From the word, is it a forward
pitchover caused by the horizontal stabilizer being too low?

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)