Old November 18th 05, 08:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Gyro's was Groen Bros. DARPA Award

Shiver wrote:
boB wrote:

Buntover??? In my reading I haven't run across that term. I know how to
keep from causing the normal spike knock, tail boom strikes, 0 G pitch
down and mast bumping problems. From the word, is it a forward
pitchover caused by the horizontal stabilizer being too low?

From the Groen Brothers website

http://www.americanautogyro.com/Cent...line%20Thrust%
20P1.htm

Watch for the URL wraparound

It's described in the first couple of paragraphs.

That link by the way is about four pages long and is interesting
reading.

If my feeble memory serves me correctly.... Oh Mr. Sandy Eggo where are
you......

Ken bought an RAF gyro that did not have a vertival stabilzer.

Correct me if I am wrong.

He became aware of various accidents involving buntover due to no
stabilizer and many of those pilots were killed or seriously injured.

As a result he became a convert to the idea of having a centerline
stabilzer added ( with dihedral I do believe ).

He got into arguements with the RAF people who I presume did not feel
it was necessary.

When Groen brothers offered a factory kit for his RAF gyro he sent it
off to them for upgrading and as far as I know he is a very satisfied
customer.

Thanks. I'll do some reading

--

boB,