Old October 19th 11, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Aircraft choice...

Curt Johnson wrote:
On 10/18/2011 7:06 PM, Robert Barker wrote:
Our club is getting ready to purchase another airplane. To keep
insurance costs low, we're leaning strongly towards fixed gear. But if
we want higher performance than we get from our 172s and our DA40
(hoping for 150kts or better), it seems we're limited to 182's, Cirrus,
and Columbia. The last 2 probably blow the insurance budget and
insurance would also probably require a lot of instructor time for club
members... Suggestions?

Grumman Tiger. 140+ kts with lower fuel burn than the 182.

I agree, though I'm biased as I own a Tiger.

For a 150 nm trip, the difference between 150 kts and 140 kts is 4 minutes.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.