Old February 24th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself

Default Welding 4130...

Blueskies wrote:
wrote in message oups.com...
: On Feb 23, 5:20 pm, "Blueskies" wrote:
:
: and I need about 1' of 3" wide 0.065" 4130, so I am planning to buy some strips from them also.
:
: Side note, any hints on cutting the strip?
:
:
: Buy a metal-cutting abrasive disc (chop-saw disc) at the hardware
: store in a size that'll fit your table saw. It'll zip through 4130
: nicely. Lots of noise, lots of sparks, so wear hearing and eye
: protection and make sure your work area is free of anything that might
: burn or smolder.
:
: Dan
:

Good idea, thanks!

lotsa sparks, smoldering, noise! Life is good!

Dan D.

also - check Bud's "how to" corner...
Very helpful info about Zen and the Art of Welding.

http://www.airbum.com/articles/ArticleZenWelding.html