Old June 13th 05, 10:23 PM

Default Too close? Too small?

Was flying a UH13ET recently and hit the tip of a blade on a tree. It
tore the end cap and the blades had to come off for inspection/repair.
Hmmm...a little too close.
Landing on an elevated pad about 10' off the ground and the skids hang
off front and back. Sometimes its a little dicey taking off with a load
and I left skid marks on the ground a couple times.
Flew under some wires yesterday during the takeoff. Seemed easier than
going over them since they were kind of high ones.
I think I'm gonna park the helicopter in an equipment yard instead of
the airport so I don't have to go so far to fly it. Problem is the
equipment is kind of close and not a whole lot of room for error.
Still, it's an interesting confined area to fly in and out of. Wires,
trees, agricultural equipment, and a big barn.
Not crazy about trying to fly into that one in the dark though.
So far in the past 9 days I've flown about 30 hours. that makes for
long days huh?
Oh well, I'm enjoying hell out of myself as long as nothing breaks.