Old August 15th 03, 08:05 PM
Bob Noel

In article , "G.R. Patterson III"
wrote:

Where in 14 CFR, Part 91, et. al., does it authorize you to attach a
fully
automatic machine gun on the aircraft, or a nuclear weapon, or napalm,
etc.,?

Where in any part of 14 CFR does it say that I *can't* attach a fully
auto
gun to my aircraft? If it doesn't say I can't, then the FARs allow it
(BATF
is another issue, however).

Doesn't some combination of part 43 and 91 require that the
aircraft be maintained iaw the type certificate? And all
modifications (useful, useless, or silly) to the aircraft
have to be made using acceptable methods, right?

I suppose if someone is prepared to go thru the safety analysis
for the gun, then there might be a chance that the FAA would
approve the modification.

--
Bob Noel