Old April 1st 11, 07:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
CaveLamb

Default Warning for Earthlink users

It seems like Earthlink has a serious email security problem.

I run full screens for my pop3 email service.

That means that if you are not on my list of
approved senders your email will be quarantined
until I approve it. It has worked well for years.

Yesterday I found an email on my machine from
.

That is NOT an approved address. But it downloaded
anyway. I suspect it is an email list address that
Earthlink uses to send out PR stuff.

This morning, when I booted up and hecked email, there
was a file message titled
"Who said Earthlink was human"
And my net access was obviously corrupted - five minutes
to load the sign on screen for web mail

So, If you see anything from

ERASE it as fast as possible...

It brings in TROJAN.WIN32.GENERIC!BT

Malwarebytes, Avast!, and Norton were unable to find it.
But Vipre did. (My new best friend)

Three hours on live chat and the phone - all insisting
that this was not possible.
"Earthlink doesn't send out viruses" in Pakastani

Watch your goodies, Hawkeye!