Old August 23rd 18, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Interesting new solar glider

On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 13:31:44 +0000, Michael Opitz wrote:

At 10:24 23 August 2018, Martin Gregorie wrote:
Thanks for reposting the links. To me it looks like a modified
Sparrowhawk with a new, bigger, 15m wing.

15 meter wing? Sounds like a Duck Hawk to me...

Agreed.

I thought that was a Sparrowhawk tail group and that the Duckhawk had a
different one. But, I found a Duckhawk picture just now and saw I wuz
wrong.

BTW, I thought there'd be a lot of Duckhawks flying on your side of the
pond by now, but they seem to have almost vanished without trace (just 4
registered?) despite an initial good competition showing. Why is that?

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org