Old November 7th 09, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Some useful information

Don't know exactly how accurate this data might be but there is enough
commonality in it to at least get a handle on what's going on on this
forum.
I'm sure a lot of you more savvy Usenet people have already discovered
this but for those who might not;

Apparently we have on the group a troll or two with enormous time on
their hands and quite a creative "hobby".

The first thing noticeable is the advent of a slew of "new" and
"creative" posting monikers that appear suddenly or the name looks
unfamiliar to regulars here.
Then you might notice replies between these unusual pseudonyms taking
each other apart.
Then come quotes placed within these postings supposedly from myself
and others on the forum signed supposedly by myself and others that
contain language we don't usually use when posting. Please be suspect
of this.
If you see this behavior, view the message source. There is a common
denominator in the sources that point to specific paths.
Just as an example, any ligitimate post from me will be from a Mac
computer bearing the IP address 207.172.126.29. Anything else bearing
my name is a forgery.
1. If you see the term news.x-privat.org in the path, it's the troll,
not me or anyone else.
2. If you see the term eternal-september.org, it's the troll, not me
or anyone else.
3. If you see the term octanews.com, be highly suspect.

It appears our troll has set up numerous accounts within these servers
where he/she can operate freely posting both under a legitimate post
here (as most likely you will see under this one as I doubt he/she can
resist the temptation, and back and forth with one of his/her sock
puppets.
If you see a post under this one, check both message paths to
ascertain the validity of this post. If I am right, you will find my
Mac and IP address on this post and the data above on the other.
This being said, I have no idea how many news servers this character
is using, but these are the 3 we found so far.
Many thanks.
Dudley Henriques